“The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way.”
– Marcus Aurelius
There are few times in history when society faced a test of its survival that forced it to align around a common objective. We face such a moment today: the fight against climate change. Reducing CO2 emissions is the primary, and perhaps sole, solution. The struggle to transition to renewable electricity as our primary power source is what stands in the way. At Orennia, we believe what stands in the way becomes the way.
The path forward is already clear: 2021 saw the most investments ever in new wind and solar projects. As North America de-carbonizes its energy stack, the annual investment in new power generation is expected to double by 2030.
With trillions in capital needed to make the transition happen, Orennia helps investors make more informed decisions using data, analytics and machine learning / artificial intelligence.
Why Join Orennia?
At Orennia, you will become part of a collaborative culture and do work that matters. As a company in the renewables, energy transition and decarbonization sectors, we believe a diversity of perspectives generates better solutions. We trust and support each other, ask hard questions and solve complex problems.
We are looking for a Vice President, People & Culture to join our rapidly growing company in the renewables, energy transition and decarbonization sectors. The Vice President, People & Culture will work closely with company leadership and employees to develop a high-performance culture that drives business growth. This position will provide a high level of support to the company in all functional areas of human resources including employee relations, policy and legal compliance, benefits, relocation, talent acquisition, and employment onboarding/off-boarding processes.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Collaborate with business leaders and employees to develop an environment where employees can be entrepreneurial, work hard, be creative and sustain a high-performance culture.
- Proven experience driving comprehensive, high-impact, effective, business-focused and practical human resources initiatives.
- Responsible for the compliance of all HR-related functions and records.
- Create communication materials, such as presentations and information packages, to keep employees and management updated on all related HR programs and benefits.
- Partner with managers to foster a high-performance culture that scales.
- Counsel employees and managers when necessary to help resolve conflicts and promote development.
- Resolving conflicts through positive and professional mediation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to clearly articulate complex messages.
- Strong understanding of local labour laws and regulations.
- Ability to create an atmosphere where employees feel free to express concerns and suggestions. Must be able to actively listen, demonstrate empathy and maintain objectivity.
- Keen ability to interact with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Superior communication skills (both verbal and written) are required.
- High degree of discretion in handling confidential matters.
- Responsible for creating and implementing a talent acquisition strategy for a high-growth early-stage company. Partner with managers in recruiting efforts, including sourcing candidates and coordinating interviews.
- Partner with the CFO to generate and review compensation assessments and recommendations based on market data, internal equity and experience.
- Responsible for onboarding and offboarding processes including new hire employment documents, payroll coordination and exit meetings as employees transition into and out of the company.
- Responsible for accurate and prompt entry of all employee information and ongoing data integrity in the HR and payroll systems.
- Support the role of human resources by ensuring HR initiatives, programs and policies are fully understood and implemented within the business.
- Administer all company benefits including health & welfare and Retirement Savings Plan programs, and related practices and processes including enrollments and terminations.
- Provides reporting and analysis to ensure benefits are effective, compliant and in alignment with the overall business strategies and objectives.
- Closely involved with preparing and managing the open enrollment process each year.
- Possess or pursuing HR Certificate designation asset (e.g., CHRP).
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, or related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in human resources.
- Experience working within a fast-paced organization (tech industry preferred).
Please visit our recruiting portal. You will be asked to create a profile and attach your resume and cover letter detailing why you want to be a part of the Orennia team. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in our organization and for taking the time to apply; however, only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.
Our Pledge to Fostering an Inclusive and Safe Workplace
Orennia is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, age or disability.