“The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way.”
– Marcus Aurelius
There are very few times in history where society has faced a critical test that forced us to align around a common objective. We are confronting such a moment today: the fight against climate change. Reducing CO2 emissions is the primary (and perhaps sole) solution. A transition to renewable electricity as our primary power source is what stands in the way in reducing CO2 emissions. At Orennia, we believe what stands in the way becomes the way.
2020 saw the most investments ever in new wind and solar projects. As America de-carbonizes its energy stack, the annual investment in new power generation is expected to double by 2030.
With trillions in capital needing to be deployed, Orennia helps investors make more informed decisions using data, analytics, and machine learning/artificial intelligence.
Why Join Orennia?
At Orennia, you will become part of a collaborative culture and do work that matters. As a company in the renewable energy industry, we believe that a diversity of perspectives generates better solutions. We trust and support each other, ask hard questions and solve complex problems. Guided by a spirit of inquiry, we design for people at every scale, creating spaces that elevate individuals, their communities, and the institutions that serve them.
As a Principal Analyst, you will be a leader in the evolution of our analytical solution and leverage it to empower clients to help surmount some of the most critical challenges facing our industry and its investors today. You will report directly to the Managing Director, directly influencing our analytical approach and thought leadership, while providing you with the opportunity to work across departments and levels, and with a variety of experts and perspectives.
- Lead the development of our power market and price forecasting analysis
- Develop advanced analytical models (including linear program dispatch models) that leverage large data sets to simulate hourly power markets to forecast hourly power market prices
- Work closely with our clients to create customized solutions to support their commercial and strategic investment decisions
- Interpret price forecast model results to communicate commercial insight to our clients
- Participate in conference calls and meetings with clients and prospects, leveraging and demonstrating our solutions
- 5+ years of relevant work experience as a US power market analyst / modeler leveraging dispatch models such as Encompass, Plexos, Aurora, PROMOD, or other dispatch / powerflow models
- Strong understanding of US regional power market design and fundamentals
- Expertise and comfort working with large datasets
- Programming, database and software skills (VBA, Python, Excel, SQL)
- Strong analytical abilities including statistical methods and optimization concepts
- Have experience or a demonstrable passion for renewables project development or power markets
- Deep intellectual curiosity with a results-focused relentless pursuit of answers and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, embrace change and manage ambiguity
- Ability to work in a team setting with others from varying disciplines
- Excellent writing and communication skills with an ability to articulate complex problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Finance
Press Apply to Job below and send your resume along with your cover letter including why you want to be a part of the Orennia Team. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in our organization and for taking the time to apply; however, only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.
Our Pledge to Fostering an Inclusive and Safe Workplace:
Orennia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, age or disability.