“The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way.”
– Marcus Aurelius
There are very few times in history where society has faced a critical test that forced us to align around a common objective. We are confronting such a moment today: the fight against climate change. Reducing CO2 emissions is the primary (and perhaps sole) solution. A transition to renewable electricity as our primary power source is what stands in the way in reducing CO2 emissions. At Orennia, we believe what stands in the way becomes the way.
2020 saw the most investments ever in new wind and solar projects. As America de-carbonizes its energy stack, the annual investment in new power generation is expected to double by 2030.
With trillions in capital needing to be deployed, Orennia helps investors make more informed decisions using data, analytics, and machine learning/artificial intelligence.
Why Join Orennia?
At Orennia, you will become part of a collaborative culture and do work that matters. As a company in the renewable energy industry, we believe that a diversity of perspectives generates better solutions. We trust and support each other, ask hard questions and solve complex problems. Guided by a spirit of inquiry, we design for people at every scale, creating spaces that elevate individuals, their communities, and the institutions that serve them.
- Develop a weekly publication for Orennia clients that synthesizes recent news and events across the energy transition space regarding new projects under development, asset and portfolio transactions, purchase power agreements, asset retirements, and regulatory & legislation developments.
- Work with the analyst team to interpret the impact of market news through the lens of Orennia data and analytics to then share in a concise manner with clients.
- Edit research reports produced by the analytics team prior to publishing.
- Support the analyst team in the design of impactful charts and graphics to present Orennia insights to clients.
- Support the sales and marketing team in developing clear and compelling language and graphics that illustrate how Orennia data and analytics can support our clients.
- Develop additional digital content such as videos, infographics, and podcasts to drive growth and interest in Orennia content.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key industry players through both formal and informal communication.
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience in energy journalism, with at least one year of experience in a senior writer role.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, English, or Graphic Design.
- Experience or demonstrable passion for power, renewables, and the energy transition.
- Excitement to learn from industry experts to take technical information and analysis and turn it into compelling content for clients.
- Deep intellectual curiosity with a results-focused relentless pursuit of answers. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, embrace change and ambiguity.
- Ability to work in a team setting with others from different disciplines.
- Excellent writing skills with an ability to explain complex problems and a sharp attention to detail.
- Experience at leveraging technology to track, monitor, and process industry news and announcements.
Press Apply to Job below and send your resume along with your cover letter including why you want to be a part of the Orennia Team. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in our organization and for taking the time to apply; however, only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.
Our Pledge to Fostering an Inclusive and Safe Workplace:
Orennia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, age or disability.