“The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way.”
– Marcus Aurelius
There are few times in history when society faced a test so critical, it forced us to align on a common objective. We are confronting such a moment today: the fight against climate change. Reducing CO2 emissions is the foremost (and perhaps sole) solution to this challenge. A transition to renewable electricity as our primary power source is what stands in the way of reducing CO2 emissions. At Orennia, we believe what stands in the way becomes the way.
The year 2020 saw unprecedented investment in new wind and solar projects. Annual investment in new power generation is expected to double by 2030 as America decarbonizes its energy stack.
With trillions of dollars in capital needed, Orennia helps investors make confident and informed decisions using data, analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
Why Join Orennia?
At Orennia, you will become part of a collaborative culture and do work that matters. As a company in the renewable energy industry, we believe that a diversity of perspectives generates better solutions. We trust and support each other, ask hard questions and solve complex problems. Guided by a spirit of inquiry, we design for people at every scale, creating spaces that elevate individuals, their communities, and the institutions that serve them.
We are looking for a Junior Developer to join our rapidly growing company in the renewable energy sector. As a Junior Developer, you will help the technology team and play and integral role in the development of our products, including actively designing, coding, and modifying our website from layout to function. The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial mindset, high technical proficiency, and are highly adaptable.
- Analyze, design, develop, test, review, document and troubleshoot data pipeline / ETL solutions against multiple structured and unstructured data sources.
- Support our team of analysts through developing requirements and delivering solutions.
- Develop code to scrape public websites for data and perform ETL processes.
- Maintain, monitor, and support production ETL processes and respond to error and emergency issues.
- Knowledge and experience with Big Data concepts like data lakes, data warehouses, ETL / ELT strategies, and best practices.
- Good understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with building ETL / ELT processes with Apache Spark.
- Experience with Spark-related languages and technologies (Python, Scala, SQL, pandas).
- Familiar with Azure cloud-based data processing technologies (ADLS, Synapse, Data Factory, Databricks, etc.).
- Familiar with Lean and Agile development methodologies (such as Kanban or SCRUM).
- Strong communication skills.
- Comfortable in entrepreneurial, self-starting, and fast-paced environment, working both independently and with our highly skilled teams.
- This position is available to those who are legally entitled to work in Canada and the United States.
- Certifications in Azure data processing technologies.
- Experience with other Big Data processing technologies and cloud services (AWS, GCP, Snowflake, Hive, Hadoop, MS SQL, etc.).
- Experience with JIRA and similar organizational tools.
- Experience building web-scraping tools against publicly available datasets.
- Experience with GIS/geospatial data processing, integration, and analysis.
- Experience building or supporting data visualizations.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
Press Apply to Job below and send your resume along with your cover letter including why you want to be a part of the Orennia Team. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in our organization and for taking the time to apply; however, only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.
Our Pledge to Fostering an Inclusive and Safe Workplace:
Orennia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, age or disability.