“The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way.”
– Marcus Aurelius
There are very few times in history where society has faced a critical test that forced us to align around a common objective. We are confronting such a moment today: the fight against climate change. Reducing CO2 emissions is the primary (and perhaps sole) solution. A transition to renewable electricity as our primary power source is what stands in the way in reducing CO2 emissions. At Orennia, we believe what stands in the way becomes the way.
2020 saw the most investments ever in new wind and solar projects. As America de-carbonizes its energy stack, the annual investment in new power generation is expected to double by 2030.
With trillions in capital needing to be deployed, Orennia helps investors make more informed decisions using data, analytics, and machine learning/artificial intelligence.
Why Join Orennia?
At Orennia, you will become part of a collaborative culture and do work that matters. As a company in the renewable energy industry, we believe that a diversity of perspectives generates better solutions. We trust and support each other, ask hard questions and solve complex problems. Guided by a spirit of inquiry, we design for people at every scale, creating spaces that elevate individuals, their communities, and the institutions that serve them.
- Contribute to market analysis across the energy transition sector, including power and renewables, energy storage, CCUS, hydrogen, renewable fuels, climate risk, and EV mobility.
- Develop advanced analytical models that leverage large data sets to provide insights to our clients.
- Works closely with our clients to create customized solutions to their most pressing and complex problems.
- Develop and maintain datasets and forecast models for power producers and ISO regions.
- Participate in conference calls, virtual and in-person meetings with clients and prospects, leveraging and demonstrating our solutions.
- 0-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Mathematics/Computer Science/Finance and pursuing a Professional designation (CFA, MBA, P.Eng).
- Programming, database and software skills (Excel, VBA, Python, SQL …).
- Strong analytical ability including statistical methods and optimization concepts.
- Experience or demonstrable passion in at least one area of energy transition.
- Deep intellectual curiosity with a results-focused relentless pursuit of answers. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, embrace change and ambiguity.
- Ability to work in a team setting with others from different disciplines.
- Excellent writing skills with an ability to explain complex problems (communication skills).
- Incredibly strong attention to detail.
Press Apply to Job below and send your resume along with your cover letter including why you want to be a part of the Orennia Team. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in our organization and for taking the time to apply; however, only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.
Our Pledge to Fostering an Inclusive and Safe Workplace:
Orennia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, age or disability.