“The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way.”
– Marcus Aurelius
There are few times in history when society faced a test so critical, it forced us to align on a common objective. We are confronting such a moment today: the fight against climate change. Reducing CO2 emissions is the foremost (and perhaps sole) solution to this challenge. A transition to renewable electricity as our primary power source is what stands in the way of reducing CO2 emissions. At Orennia, we believe what stands in the way becomes the way.
The year 2020 saw unprecedented investment in new wind and solar projects. Annual investment in new power generation is expected to double by 2030 as America decarbonizes its energy stack.
With trillions of dollars in capital needed, Orennia helps investors make confident and informed decisions using data, analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
Why Join Orennia?
At Orennia, you will become part of a collaborative culture and do work that matters. As a company in the renewable energy industry, we believe that a diversity of perspectives generates better solutions. We trust and support each other, ask hard questions and solve complex problems. Guided by a spirit of inquiry, we design for people at every scale, creating spaces that elevate individuals, their communities, and the institutions that serve them.
As an Analyst, you will work to build and enhance our analytical solution and leverage it to interact directly with clients and help answer some of the hardest questions facing industry and investors today. Although you will report directly to one of our Managing Directors, our work is a collaborative team, providing you with the opportunity to work across departments, levels and with a variety of experts and perspectives.
- Contribute to market analysis in the renewables and power sector.
- Develop advanced analytical models that leverage large data sets to provide insights to our clients.
- Mentor and lead junior employees from both a technical and client facing perspective.
- Works closely with our clients to create customized solutions to their most pressing and complex problems.
- Lead the authorship of reports that outline a narrative that is well supported by data and analytics rigor.
- Collaborate with peers across the organization is relentlessly innovative, leveraging machine learning to create novel solutions.
- Develop and maintain forecast models for power producers and ISO regions.
- Participate in conference calls, virtual and in-person meetings with clients and prospects, leveraging and demonstrating our solutions.
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience, including working with power markets data.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Mathematics/Computer Science/Finance and pursuing a Professional designation (CFA, MBA, P.Eng)
- Programming, database and software skills (VBA, Python, Excel, SQL …)
- Strong analytical ability including statistical methods and optimization concepts.
- Experience or demonstrable passion in power markets analysis.
- Deep intellectual curiosity with a results-focused relentless pursuit of answers. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, embrace change and ambiguity.
- Ability to work in a team setting with others from different disciplines.
- Excellent writing skills with an ability to explain complex problems (communication skills).
- Incredibly strong attention to detail.
Press Apply to Job below and send your resume along with your cover letter including why you want to be a part of the Orennia Team. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in our organization and for taking the time to apply; however, only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.
Our Pledge to Fostering an Inclusive and Safe Workplace:
Orennia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, age or disability.